Monday, December 13, 2010

ViPre-Leaks

"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."
  --Thomas Jefferson
  
Many Americans - good friends of mine among them - angrily demand that Julian Assange answer for the crimes of exposing state secrets.  Maybe they're right.

But as the kudzu of the national security state relentlessly spreads it vines, I'd like to suggest some order to the process of jailing those leaky troublemakers, Wiki- or otherwise, who put American diplomats, soldiers and intelligence assets at risk.  My request: can we please start with former Vice President Dick Cheney?
Tony Auth at Gocomics.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh that was TOTALLY different- he exposed Valerie Plam because her husband wouldn't go along with the farce of weapons of mass destruction. Blackmail is ok I guess.

    ReplyDelete